- Be a Malaysian citizen
- Be 21 years old and above
- Never been barred / disqualified by any laws in force
- Present one’s national Registration Department issued Identity card as proof of identity
- Members/officers of the EC
- Presiding officer and his staff
- Candidates and the representative of the candidates
- Polling and counting agents
- Personals authorized by the EC.
How to register for vote?
If you do not have a record, then register for voting by going to your nearest
computerized post office or going to one of the office below:
- SPR main office
Ibu Pejabat SPR Malaysia
Tingkat Bawah, Blok C7, Kompleks C
Pusat Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan
No. Telefon: 03-88856686
Click here for SPR Google map and directions.
- SPR state offices
Click here for detail address for all SPR state offices
- Representative of political parties (new registrations only)
- Outreach Program SPR
Remember to bring along your IC!
Only registered voters may vote in elections. Any Malaysian citizens above 21 years old must register in the voters’ registry with the Election Commission via any offices affiliated with the Election Commission, post offices with computerised facilities or specified counters, before he or she could vote in elections.
- check your vote status online or using SMS
- Check vote status online using SPR
- Check vote status using SMS:
- Just sms SPR SEMAK xxxxxxxxxxxx to 15888 (xxx is IC number)
- Postal Voters / Absent Voters consisting of:
- Armed forces that are in service.
- Government Personnel (Federal Government, States Service or local authorities) who are in service abroad.
- Individuals studying full time abroad (only if they are sponsored by the Government).
- Spouses to the list above.
- Malaysians living abroad not working for the Government:
- Comprising of Malaysian Citizen other than stated above.
- Identification document that confirms the applicant’s citizenship.
- Three (3) passport sized photograph.